Once a month my friend Joanne hosts our book club. A group of smart, strong and sassy ladies, who I love spending time with. Our book clubs are always based on FOOD and every month Jo outdoes herself. She has a restaurant background, as do a few of our members, and it's always fun to think of new and delicious things to make. Last month, Jo made this chicken that was out of this world.... Like...Y.U.M. I begged her to send me the recipe and since then, I've made it twice. Both times my husband and my girls gobbled it up raving about how good it was. At my house we call it Jo's Chicken. It's super easy to make and super delicious. Enjoy!
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove (zested)
1 teaspoon lemon grass (we use the one that comes in a tube from Gourmet Garden)
1/2 teaspoon Sambal Alek (Add more if you like it spicy) Available near the Sriracha Sauce in your local grocery store
Freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a Rectangular Baking Dish. I use one whole chicken in parts.
- Mix up the ingredients in a Glass Measuring Cup (It takes 5 minutes to prepare).
- Pour marinade on chicken.
- Cook at 350º for about an hour until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Or... put it on the grill!