I recently made this Buffalo Chicken Cobb Salad from Smitten Kitchen & it was amazing. Our Drizzle Spoon came in handy, too!
It's such a great option to serve at a football party. My husband is a HUGE Buffalo bills fan - so this is perfect for us. It’s great to prepare to put on the barn platter and everyone to add what they would like to.
The only thing I would change is to use chicken breasts instead of thighs (but that's an absolute personal preference.)
We also added The Smitten Kitchen cookbooks to our lineup and all cookbooks are buy one, get one 25% off through the month of October 2023. You can view the cookbooks here.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Many grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, divided
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
SALAD AND ASSEMBLY
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups diced fresh vegetables, such as celery, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, and tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion (from 1 small)
- 4 to 6 ounces diced blue cheese, such as a Danish blue
- 4 to 5 ounces romaine or baby gem lettuce, sliced or torn
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, grilled and sliced, ideally still warm
Make creamy dressing: Whisk everything to combine and add half (2 tablespoons) of the minced chives. Taste and adjust ingredients such as salt and pepper as needed.
Make buffalo sauce: Whisk butter and hot sauce to combine and set aside.
To serve: Arrange vegetables, onion, and blue cheese on a large platter. Place lettuce in a large bowl. I like to keep the chicken separate just in case someone doesn’t eat it.
To assemble: Place some lettuce on plate, followed by chicken. Add all of the vegetables, onion, and cheese you like then drizzle with creamy dressing, followed by buffalo sauce. Garnish with remaining chives.
Recipe courtesy of Smitten Kitchen.