We recently sat with Chef Lynn for a CH2 feature and these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies were to die for. These cookies would make a great treat for your Thanksgiving guests!
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (or blend 1 teaspoon ground flax seed & 1 tablespoon olive oil-vegan ‘egg' 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (or almond milk)
- 21⁄2 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. and grease baking sheet pans.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, milk and egg; mix on medium speed until creamy. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg. Blend together with a spoon.
Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and blend well on high speed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts and mix well with a wooden spoon. Chill batter for 2 hours.
Drop by teaspoon of batter onto the greased baking sheet. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.