As the leaves begin to change and a crispness fills the air, it's time to embrace the warm and comforting embrace of autumn. There's nothing quite like the aroma of pumpkin spice, and while the iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte has become a seasonal favorite in coffee shops around the world, there's a special joy in crafting your own at home.
Today, we're trying a delightful recipe adapted from Live Simply that not only promises a delicious brew but also makes the process as easy as can be. Get ready to embark on a flavorful journey that celebrates the essence of fall, all from the comfort of your own kitchen.
1/2 cup brewed coffee or 2 espresso shots (we used Nespresso)
1-3 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Brew 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee or 2 shots of espresso. Set the coffee aside and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree.
- Whisk the ingredients until the milk begins to bubble on the sides.
- Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into a coffee mug. Then, pour the coffee into the milk. We added whip cream & a little cinnamon on top - but curate to your heart's desire!