- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking (not instant) oatmeal
- ½ cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 to 10 strawberries, diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ fresh pineapple, preferably golden, diced
- 2 cups plain yogurt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
To make the granola, toss the oatmeal, coconut, almonds, oil, and honey together in a large bowl until they are completely combined. Pour onto a sheet pan and bake, stirring occasionally with a metal spatula, until the mixture turns an even golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Remove the granola from the oven, scrape the pan with the spatula to loosen the granola, and allow to cool, stirring once.
Combine the strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple in a bowl. In 4 parfait glasses or tall glasses, alternately layer half the fruit, then half the yogurt, and sprinkle with the cooled granola. Repeat with a second layer of fruit, yogurt, and granola.
Copyright 2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved