Southern Conserve has become a go-to in our kitchen and we can't get enough. Today, we're sharing this recipe Chef Ted of Southern Conserve created with the Tomato Conserve.
5tbs Southern Conserve Herbs & Beef Seasoning
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup Southern Conserve Tomato Conserve
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except BBQ sauce in a large bowl. In a 9" x 13" loaf pan lay strips of uncooked bacon starting with one end of the bacon at the bottom of the pan and hanging over the sides, alternating the bacon strips. Shape loaf into pan.
Place hanging strips of bacon on top of loaf. Cover bacon with 1/3 cup BBQ sauce. Bake one hour on middle shelf of oven. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
For Extra Flavor, Bacon Wrap Your Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Shape the meat mixture into a a 9" x 5" loaf.
- Cover with 1/3 cup BBQ sauce.
- Bake one hour on middle shelf of oven. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting